A specialist in periodontics
As a periodontist in Burns, OR Dr. Kull at Burns Dental Group provides care and treatment for periodontal disease. The team and patients at Burns Dental Group are incredibly fortunate to have a specialist in periodontics on our staff.
Periodontal disease progressively destroys the gums and jaw bone, which support your natural teeth. Also known as gum disease, its condition is caused by bacterial plaque, the yellowish film that sticks to your teeth along your gum line. If allowed to continue to colonize, the increased number of bacterial plaque develops into calculus.
This can cause gum tissue to turn red, swell and bleed easily. Prolonged irritation causes the gums to separate from the teeth, leading to the formation of pockets, or spaces, between the teeth and gums. As periodontal disease progresses, gum tissue and bone that hold teeth in place deteriorate, which leads to tooth loss if left untreated.
Burns, OR Periodontist Dr. Kull consults closely with the doctors on staff at Burns Dental Group to provide superior periodontal care and treatment, working together to provide the following services:
- Scaling and Root Planing – This deeper cleaning prevents the progression of periodontal disease.
- Pocket Reduction Surgery – This procedure is a common way to eliminate bacteria, resulting in tissue healing and the reduction of inflammation, allowing teeth to be saved.
- Gum Grafting – Soft tissue gum grafts treat recession of the gum line by transplanting tissue from healthy areas to those requiring treatment, providing gum tissue to give teeth the protection they need.
- Dental Bone Grafting – Bone grafting is a surgical procedure that rebuilds the structure of the jaw, restoring both height and width and strengthening the jaw.
- Crown Lengthening – This is a common surgical procedure to expose more surface area of a tooth by removing gum tissue or bone.
- Ridge Augmentation – This is a procedure required to replace the natural contour of the gum and jaw, leading to the success of placing dental implants.
For more details on periodontal treatment and services, go to www.perio.org/patient-resources. Call Burns Dental Group at 541-573-7778 to schedule your personalized appointment for periodontal care and treatment with a gentle touch.